SSM = SAFeSM = Scaled Agile Framework Scrum Master
Agile helps you with multiple teams and projects.
- Daily Scrum > Daily Stand-up (DSU)
- Product Increment > Team Increment
- Scrum Team > Agile Team
Iteration = Plan > Do > Check > Adjust
supporting the Scrum Pillars: Transparancy, Inspection, Adaption.
Stories should be implemented in vertical slices for
- short feed-back cycle
- refinement of understanding of functionality
- facilitatea more frequent integration of working systems
ART = Agile Release Train is a virtual organization of 5-12 teams (typically 50-125 people)
- PI Planning – 2d (every 8-12w). in person.
- ART Sync – 1h
- System Demo – 2h
- Inspect/ Adapt – ½d
- Backlog Refinement – 1h
- Iteration Planning – 2-4h
- Daily Stand-up – ¼h
- Iteration Review – 1h
- Iteration Retrospective – 1-1,5h
Running successful meetings:
- communicate a clear purpose and agenda
- identify a DRI = Directly Responsible Individual for maintaing agenda/ action items
- expect participants to know why they are attending, their contribution and expected outcomes
- leave with clear action items
- promote and keep to timeboxes
- be prepared to challenge and be challenged
- establish default decisions, so never wait for a meeting
- bring a solution next to the problem you are raising
- review actions taked to meet commitments – enforce accountability
- Yes, and instead of No, but
SoS = Scrum of Scrums = Meeting for SM and RTE = Release Train Engineer to gain visibility into team progress and program impediments. Held twice per week. TimeBoxed to ____. Followed by a Meet After for problem-solving.
- Confling parties – meet with them
- Ought to get – identify exactly what each party
- Need – identify why each party needs what they want
- Foster the agreement that the common goal is correct
- Look deeper and review the assumptions
- Challange each of the assumptions
- Tie the reasons togheter with a common goal
PI = Program Increment Planning
- PM – Product Management owns Feature priorities
- DT – own Story planning and high-level estimates
- Arhitect/ Engineering – internediaries for governance, interfaces, dependencies
Vision + NFRs – Non Functional Requirements + Program Backlog
Team and Program PI Objectives and Program Board
FAB = Feature and Benefit Matrix
Personas are detailed fictional caracters acting as a representative user. User stories are containers for User or customer value.
As a <user role> I want <activity> so that <business value>.
As a driver, I want to limit the amount of money before I fuld so that I cand control my expenditure.
As a driver, I want to get a receipt after fueling so that I can expense the purchase.
As the Finance Department, we want to print receipts onlky for drivers who request them so that we save on paper.
INVEST in a Good story
How to write the good stories:
Acceptance criteria and tests
a Story point is a singular number that represents
-Volume: How much is there?
-Complexity: How hart it is?
-Knowledge: What do we know?
-Uncertainty:What’s not known?
They are relative. Not connected to any pecific unit of measure. Compared with other stories, an 8-poinjt Story should take relatively 4 times longer than a 2-point Story.
Acronyms and Abbreviations
ART Agile Release Train
BO Business Owner
BV Business Value
BVIR Big Visual Information Radiator
CFD Cumulative Flow Diagram
CapEx Capital Expenses
CI Continuous Integration
CoD Cost of Delay
CoP Community of Practice
DoD Definition of Done
DSU Daily Stand-up
EA Enterprise Architect
EO Epic Owner
I&A Inspect and Adapt
IP Innovation and Planning (iteration)
MBSE Model-Based Systems Engineering
NFR Non-functional Requirements
OE Opportunity Enablement
OpEx Operating Expenses
PDCA Plan, Do, Check, Adjust
PI Program Increment
PM Product Manager
PO/PM Product Owner/Product Manager
PO Product Owner
LPM Lean Portfolio Management
ROAM Resolved, Owned, Accepted, Mitigated
RR Risk Reduction
RTE Release Train Engineer
S4T SAFe® for Teams
SAFe® Scaled Agile Framework
SA SAFe® Agilest
SM Scrum Master
SoS Scrum of Scrums
SP SAFe® Practitioner
SPC SAFe® Program Consultant SW Software
UX User Experience
VS Value Stream
STE Solution Train Engineer
WIP Work in Process
WSJF Weighted Shortest Job First
XP Extreme Programming